I elaborate here the steps on configuring the netbeans ( designtime ) and appserver ( runtime ) to use the datadirect driver which in turn can be utilized by the DataMashup Service Engine ( edmse ).
Note: For creating and running an end-to-end datamashup project, refer here.
Note: If you are using GlassFishESB, the DD drivers has to be purchased by you individually. If you are using JavaCAPS6, you can find the DD drivers for oracle at ‘<JavaCAPS6 home>\.netbeans\caps\modules\ext\oracleadapter’. Though please remember datamashupSE is not part of JavaCAPS6 and its new component shipped along with GlassFishESB and JavaCAPS6 update 1 releases.
Configuring Netbeans (Designtime):
Adding New Driver:
- Goto NB, Services -> Databases -> Drivers -> New Driver, click on ‘Add’ and navigate to the folder ‘<JavaCAPS6U1 home>\.netbeans\caps\modules\ext\oracleadapter’.
- Add all the files from the folder and click on ‘Find’
- Select ‘com.SeeBeyond.oracle.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver’ which appears in the drop down list
- Give a name ‘DD37’ and finish.
Adding New Connection:
- Click on the driver ‘DD37’ and select connect using.
- Provide the connection details as shown in the image below and close.
Configuring GlassFish ( Runtime ):
- Copy the driver files from ‘<JavaCAPSR6U1 home>\.netbeans\caps\modules\ext\oracleadapter’ to ‘<JavaCAPS6U1 home>\appserver\domains\domain1\lib\ext’. Restart the appserver.
- Logon to the appserver admin console.
- Goto Resource -> JDBC -> Connection Pools, create an new connection pool with following values,
Resource type: javax.sql.DataSource
Database Vendor: Oracle
Datasource Classname: com.SeeBeyond.oracle.jdbcx.oracle.OracleDataSource
- Add the following properties in Additional properties,
SID : orcl11
password: < password for db >
- Save the configuration and test the connection by clicking on ‘Ping’.
- Goto Resource -> JDBC -> JDBC Resources, and create a new jdbc resource with the following values,
JNDI Name: jdbc/OracleDD37pool
pool name: oracledd37pool ## select the connection pool created in step 3
Configuring DataMashup SE and Project to use the datadirect connection pool in runtime:
- Open the casa editor, and provide a application configuration name for edm interface as shown in the image below, ( any name can be used )
- Save and build the Composite App.
Goto Services -> Servers -> GlassFish V2 -> JBI -> Service Engines -> sun-edm-engine and open the properties
- Click on the button ‘…’ on the right end of Application configuration.
- Provide the name of the application configuration as same as what is given in the casa editor. In this case it is ‘OraOraViewXmlJbi’,
- And the resource name as created in the application server. In this case it is ‘jdbc/OracleDD37pool’, as shown below,
- Deploy and run the project.